County Development Days
In line with the ASA England Talent Programmes Derbyshire ASA will be running 3 development camps in 2017.
The first training day was held in April and the second is to be held on 11th June at Sharley Park Leisure Centre, Clay Cross.
They will be under the direction of the county coach Jamie Main.
The selection criteria will be:
- The ASA rankings data base will be used for selection purposes. Only times achieved between September 1st 2016 and the Monday following the final County Championship weekend in 2017, will be considered.
- The highest ranked 11 year old Male and Female (age as at 31st December in the year of competition), in each event competed at County Championships will be initially selected.
- Further selections will be made from the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc ranked swimmers.
- Where swimmers have an equal ranking, selections will be made prioritised according to the highest Fina Point Score in a single event.
- Selections will be from short course rankings Swimmer selections will be completed within one week of the completion of the County Championships.
- Swimmers and Home Coaches will be informed within two weeks of the completion of the County Championships.
- Swimmers must reply to confirm whether they will be accepting or declining their place on the programme within three weeks of the completion of the County Championships.
- Any reserve swimmers and their respective Home Coaches will then be informed within four weeks of the completion of the County Championships.
- All places on the programme must be filled and all paperwork returned by the end of March 2017, ready for the first camp of the programme which will be scheduled to take place in April 2017.